Social Media Guidelines
Santa Clara Unified School District's (SCUSD) social media pages are for SCUSD to share news and information about our district, schools, public education, and community. We welcome and encourage the community’s contributions to our social media in the form of comments, photo tagging, shares, etc. SCUSD's social media pages are moderated online discussion sites and not public forums.
SCUSD abides by Facebook’s Statement of Rights and Responsibilities, as well as other social media platforms' rights and responsibilities. We ask our community to do the same. SCUSD reserves the right, but is not obligated, to remove comments and images that:
- are defamatory, discriminatory, harassing, bullying, intimidating, hateful, libelous, slanderous, or may be considered hostile;
- are obscene, pornographic, contain nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence;
- contain proprietary or unauthorized commercial solicitations, such as spam or include links to other sites;
- are clearly off topic;
- advocate illegal activity or are misleading;
- infringe on copyrights or trademarks.
Please note that the comments expressed on social media pages do not reflect the official opinions and position of Santa Clara Unified, Santa Clara Unified's Superintendent, or Santa Clara Unified's Board of Trustees.
If you have any questions concerning the operation of our online moderated discussion sites, please contact SCUSD's Public Relations Department.